Senior Manufacturing Engineer
The Modern Space Project Manager is a client-facing role, the key interface between clients and our internal organization, communicating and implementing requirements within our own manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Shanghai, as well as with our global outsourcing partners. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for all operational, technical and financial aspects of a project.
Working with retail clients requires a flexible schedule, mentality and work ethic. Project Managers need to be available for meetings, calls and unplanned events outside of regular office hours.
- Key point of interface between clients, all departments of our internal global organization and 3rd party outsource partners.
- Drive the development of new, early-stage concepts into commercial projects.
- Identify and develop new opportunities with existing clients.
- Plan, manage, adjust and troubleshoot detailed project plans.
- Support business development team through planning, quotation and variation management.
- Identify and solve deviations before they become problems.
- Responsible for achieving all operational, technical and financial targets of each project – on budget and in time.
- Clear and structured communication of all project aspects through regular reporting and updates – ‘no surpises’.
- Logistics and installation coordination.
- Share lessons-learned and best practice to continually improve working methods.
- Experienced Project Manager with relevant experience in managing retail interiors or other unique high-pressure projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience managing national and global clients.
- Experience managing large scale roll-outs.
- Technical skill and knowledge related to shop fitting industry (design, engineering, material, manufacturing, logistics, installation, sustainability etc).
- You are a flexible, driven, go-getting problem-solver, all with a smile on your face.
- You’ll need to be able to stand or sit for prolonged periods.
- You’ll need to be able to bend, stretch, push, pull, and move with up to 50 lbs. of force.
- You’ll need to be able to wear proper PPE to protect against exposure to chemical and physical hazards.
- You’ll need to be able to perform repetitive tasks and possess manual dexterity.
- There will be non-standard working hours as required.