Under the direction of the General Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor will oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing, and maintaining inventory/fixed assets, maintain receiving and inventory control records as well as prepare related reports; serve as a lead over one or more assigned warehouse functions; train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff. Warehouse Supervisor, will ensure that warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction as the primary goal by supervising, organizing, monitoring, and managing departmental operational goals.
- Supervise daily warehouse activities, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service.
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime.
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance when necessary.
- Meet regularly with Operations team to analyze productivity and develop actionable plans for loss prevention.
- Oversee and manage logistics for transporting products to customers and company facilities, Oversee and participate in the shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing of supplies and equipment.
- Oversee and participate in the receiving, unloading and inspection of shipments for damage and conformity to purchase order specifications and packing slips; inform the Management team regarding shortages, damaged goods, or other discrepancies; complete receiving, discrepancy and follow-up reports.
- Oversee and participate in the stocking of products; plan storage locations; determine proper location of supplies to allow for maximum space utilization.
- Serve as a lead over an assigned warehouse function; train and provide lead work direction and guidance to assigned staff; prioritize work assignments; participate in the hiring and screening of new applicants as assigned.
- Oversee and participate in the performance of periodic and annual physical inventories; conduct physical inventories.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, dollies, and postage meters.
- Maintain the warehouse in a clean, orderly, safe, and secure condition.
- Make recommendations regarding proper storage, inventory and warehousing procedures and improvements in warehouse efficiency.
- Serve as the main point of contact in the absence of the General Manager for operation support.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Warehouse operations, procedures, equipment, and terminology
- Must have knowledge and experience operating within ERP systems
- Use and terminology of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices and other warehouse documents
- District organization, operations, policies and objectives
- Principles and practices of training and providing work direction
- Methods of storing equipment
- Inventory control and fixed asset methods.
- Proper methods of loading and unloading of trucks
- Space utilization and inventory techniques. Operation of warehouse equipment including forklifts, hand trucks and pallet jacks. Health and safety regulations. Basic math. Traffic laws, defensive driving techniques and rules of the road. Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Applicable laws, rules and regulations related to warehouse operations
- Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Oral and written communication skills. Proper lifting techniques.
- Previous experience working in both metal and mill work manufacturing environments is essential.
- Working in a fast paced, client focused environment with tight deadlines.
- Working as part of a collaborative high performance team
Education and skills
- High school diploma
- Experience with quality control techniques such as Six Sigma
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytic skills
- Documentation skills
- Hand/eye coordination
- Reporting skills
- Blueprint reading
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 5-25 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand