Metal Shop Deputy Production Manager
Shanghai, Zhejiang, Jiangsu, China
- Assis the development and lead execution of the product marketing strategy of related product portfolio for the new business / product.
- Achieve company KPIs.
- Lead the team to support the operation of the workshop and to manage the production process, including organizing and coordinating staff relations, maintaining, and improving production equipment, maintaining a clean and tidy factory environment, strictly abiding by operating procedures, etc.
- Ensure the team development and production accuracy & data consistency between physical requirements from customer and internal company.
- Develop and improve production task plans, lead time and production process plans based on project expectations, warehouse inventories and production deadlines, and allocate labour and capital resources reasonably to maximise production deadlines, and allocate labour and capital resources reasonably to maximise production efficiency. Responsible for organizing and coordinating the first manufacturing of new products and solving problems.
- Establish and maintain a good team environment, motivate the team, and develop team members. Create and maintain good conditions for workshop production and quality control
- Lean manufacturing implementation. Use ERP system.
- Ensure all activities within the department comply with company policies, procedures, SOFP and safety requirements.
- Develop product’s training programs to improve the effective and skill.
- Monitor and report on production related activities and cost.
- Manage and guide subordinates (including production supervisors and key position operators) to improve the overall quality and professional capacity of the production team.
- Assuming responsibility for the metal shop process development function.
- Liaisons with customers and colleagues to co-ordinate product trials and launches.
- Ensuring that all information from trials is correct and that any issues are resolved at each stage of the process.
- Making sure that all new products adhere to customer technical requirements – Overseeing the costing analysis process at each stage of development ,reduce invalid workhour.
- Managing the trials of processes and ensuring these are suitable for large production batches or continuous production runs – Writing standard operating procedures and compiling specifications – Investigating new production techniques for efficiencies, improve efficiency.
- Presenting new products and process amendments to customers – Evaluating all new processes.
- Maintaining up to date legislative and technical knowledge – Monitoring the product through launch and initial production runs and being available to trouble-shoot if necessary.
- Working to improve existing products through process improvements.
- Completed the work that assigned from line manager on time.
- Bachelor or above
- Familiar with office software, English can use as working language.
- More than 15 years experience for relevant industry and function. Familiar with metal forming process (including bending, planner, welding, CNC, powder coating).
- Good planning and execution, project management, analysis and problems solving skills. Processes and customer requirements oriented. Good communication and coordination skills, KANBAN related experience is preferred.
- Strong team spirit and ability to work under pressure.
- Leadership and change management skills, self-motivation.