The Development Engineer will be responsible for working with our design team with the planning and creation of new products or improve existing products to increase revenue. The expectation is that the incumbent will have knowledge, and understand the phases of the product development cycle, to design, develop and create new and innovative product ideas for continued business growth. We are hiring for two Development Engineer roles.
Starting Range: $60,000 – $65,000
Mid-Range: $65,001 – $70,000
Senior Range: $70,001 – $80,000
Salaries above this pay scale will be considered based on but not limited to performance, skills and years of experience.
- The understanding of mechanical engineering principles to succeed in this role.
- Designing or developing the structural components of various products according to client needs
- Understanding the importance of conducting market research to identify gaps, targeting similar products in the market and analyzing how our products can supersede existing products.
- Ability to gather research findings and make educated decisions on feature improvements to incorporate new approach or ideas to improve our plans and designs.
- Ability to design and create prototypes
- Works with drafting engineers and other contributors and specialists to ensure the products meet expectations, quality and consumer requirements.
- Will be involved in working with the Marketing team to build marketable products with promising return on investment.
- Engineering Degree preferred
- Experience with millwork, metal fabrication techniques, hands on experience with POP display exhibits preferred.
- 4 years or more experience using Autodesk Inventor or Autodesk Auto Cad software.
- Experience with measuring devices such as meters, gauges, computers, callipers, and other measuring instruments
- Must have 5 years or more years working in a similar capacity for manufacturing company
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Must be a team player and willing to jump in and help to meet company deliverables
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high degree of organization
- Must be able to thrive in fast paced environments
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and meet tight deadlines
- Must use judgment, be very detail oriented and use judgement
- Must be comfortable being very hands on to help drive process improvement
- Must be able to travel at least 25%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mostly sedentary position.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 5-15 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand
- Regularly required to walk
- Repetitive use of hands; simple grasping, controlled grasping and fine manipulation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.