The General Manager (GM) is first and foremost the person responsible for leading, inspiring, coaching, empowering, and developing all staff in the California (USA) region. Besides people and business management, the General Manager is accountable for developing client relationships of multiple brands and ensuring strategic oversight of the Account teams in close collaboration with the Account Director. This includes all aspects of business management, overall business growth, development, and maintenance of senior level client relationships to effectively increase market share while helping clients improve their return on investment. To achieve this, the General Manager must be an accountable leader, strategic thinker, excellent communicator, negotiator, possess commercial acumen, a self-starter, and a team player.
The General Manager sets the vision, initiates innovative ideas, and drives integration across multi-disciplinary teams and global branches. General Manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the business segment. Responsibilities require overseeing the execution of strategic goals by setting operational policies, creating, and maintaining budgets, managing staff, and overall regional profitability. The ideal candidate will be an adept leader with a strong success for business mindset and knack for organization and collaboration.
Starting range $185,000
In order to comply with equal pay and pay transparency laws in various locations, we believe the target range of base compensation in all locations within the United States for this role is within the range offered for this opportunity. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and location.
- Development and continued training of Finance Department, Human Resources, Operations, Manufacturing and Client Service Departments.
- Strategically growing and expanding capabilities of all teams to support the business strategies in the region. Experience with successfully developing and building high performance teams and leadership skills is required in this role.
- Develop strategic plan for optimized productivity and development of operational development within the region.
- Responsible for coordinating regional operations units such as Manufacturing, Warehouse, Assembly, Supply Chain, Quality Control, and Logistics.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing highly motivational work environment, and implementing innovative changes.
- Adhere to company standards for excellence and quality.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to participate in proactive and solution-based outcomes.
- Design a clear strategy for each departments success and combined effort to provide a successful outcome.
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships.
- The General Manager will be responsible for the North American business growth and will own the commercial performance and take accountability.
- Will possess a high level of understanding of financials, revenue, and commercial acumen.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Overseeing day-to-day operations, assign weekly performance goals and ensure their completion, and track project completions by establishing expectations with department heads.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished effectively.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of talent.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a budgetary and resource allocation plans.
- Delegate responsibilities to the bet-qualified employees and enforce all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values.
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to mutual benefit of all involved.
- Must possess a creative approach to problem resolution, and the ability to strategically provide guidance to staff in all customers-based quality matters.
- 10 + years of experience as General Manager and Retail Fixtures Development or at least 5+ years in similar industry.
- Previous Experience in both Metal & Mill work manufacturing environments is essential.
- Proven success in previous General Manager role or any similar Executive level experience.
- Strong decision-making ability to guide, direct, and influence people.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and delegation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and achieve financial plans.
- Ability to motivate and lead employees and hold them accountable.
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures.
- Strong Excel required (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS and other)
- Must be a team player and willing to jump in and help to meet company deliverables.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high degree of organization.
- Must be able to thrive in fast paced environments.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and meet tight deadlines.
- Must use judgment, be very detail oriented and use judgement.
- Must be comfortable being very hands on to help drive process improvement.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Required bachelor’s degree.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mostly sedentary position.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 5-15 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand.
- Regularly required to walk.
- Repetitive use of hands; simple grasping, controlled grasping, and fine manipulation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.