Haarlem, The Netherlands
The modernspace Project Manager is a client-facing role, the key interface between clients and our internal organization, communicating, and implementing requirements within our own manufacturing facilities in California and Shanghai, as well as with our global outsourcing partners. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for all operational, technical and commercial aspects of a project.
Working with brands and retail clients requires a flexible schedule, mentality, integrity and work ethic. Project Managers need to be available for meetings, calls and unplanned events outside of regular office hours.
- Key point of interface between clients, all departments of our internal global organization and 3rd party outsource partners.
- Drive the development of new, early-stage concepts into commercial projects with local, regional, and global execution.
- Identify and develop new opportunities with existing clients.
- Plan, manage, adjust, and troubleshoot detailed project plans.
- Support business development team through planning and quotation.
- Identify and solve deviations before they become problems.
- Responsible for achieving all operational, technical, and financial targets of each project – on budget and in time.
- Clear and structured communication of all project aspects through regular reporting and updates – ‘no surprises.’
- Logistics and installation coordination.
- Share lessons-learned and best practice to continually improve working methods for the whole company.
- Project management experience in retail display, custom millwork, or closely related relevant industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience managing national and global clients.
- You are a flexible, driven, go-getting problem-solver, all with a smile on your face.
- Well organized with ERP experience.
- Experienced Project Manager with relevant experience in managing retail interiors or other unique high-pressure and fast-paced projects.
- Experience managing large scale end-to-end, quality-driven roll-outs.
- Technical skill and knowledge related to shop fitting industry (design, engineering, material, manufacturing, logistics, installation, sustainability etc).
- Extremely organized with an obsession for detail and accuracy.
- Agile and flexible to support the changing needs of our clients.