The Modern Space Project Manager is a client-facing role, the key interface between clients and our internal organization, communicating and implementing requirements within our own manufacturing facilities in California and Shanghai, as well as with our global outsourcing partners. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for all operational, technical and commercial aspects of a project.
Working with brands and retail clients requires a flexible schedule, mentality, integrity and work ethic. Project Managers need to be available for meetings, calls and unplanned events outside of regular office hours.
- Key point of interface between clients, all departments of our internal global organization and 3rd party outsource partners.
- Drive the development of new, early-stage concepts into commercial projects with local, regional and global execution.
- Identify and develop new opportunities with existing clients.
- Plan, manage, adjust and troubleshoot detailed project plans.
- Support business development team through planning, quotation and variation management.
- Identify and solve deviations before they become problems.
- Responsible for achieving all operational, technical and financial targets of each project – on budget and in time.
- Clear and structured communication of all project aspects through regular reporting and updates – ‘no surpises’.
- Logistics and installation coordination.
- Share lessons-learned and best practice to continually improve working methods for the whole company.
- Experienced Project Manager with relevant experience in managing retail interiors or other unique high-pressure and fast-paced projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience managing national and global clients.
- Experience managing large scale end-to-end, quality-driven roll-outs.
- Technical skill and knowledge related to shop fitting industry (design, engineering, material, manufacturing, logistics, installation, sustainability etc).
- You are a flexible, driven, go-getting problem-solver, all with a smile on your face.
- Fastidiously organized with ERP experience.
- Minimum 3 years project management experience in retail display, custom millwork, or closely related relevant industry.
- Understanding a wide variety of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Commercially astute and client focused.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
- Desire to learn from an industry leading organisation and to be the best.
- Extremely organized with an obsession for detail and accuracy.
- Agile and flexible to support the changing needs of our clients.
- Computer literate with ERP experience in a complex manufacturing environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in a seated position for extended periods
- Must be able to use fingers, hands, and arms at computer keyboard for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a standing and/or walking position for long periods of time
- Must have ability to speak clearly and distinctly and hear and be heard and understood in person and by telephone
- There will be non-standard working hours as required.