The Staff Accountant will provide support across many functions in the accounting department. This position is a high visibility role with growth opportunities for the right candidate. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for ensuring the company’s financial records are accurate and complete. To fulfill key responsibilities, ideal candidate will perform a variety of duties including:
Pay Scale: Starting at $60,000, up to $80,000.
- There will be a primary focus on full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Processing (both PO and Non-PO) invoices, payments for utilities, vendors, supplies, materials
- Will collaborate with purchasing department to ensure accuracy of high-volume PO and Non-PO
- Recording transactions and reconciling expenses
- Process intercompany payable invoices
- ACH, wire and credit card
- Invoicing payments to clients requesting payment for services or goods
- Vendor account reconciliation
- Expense and PO analysis and reporting
- Bank and Credit Card
- Prepare and distribute weekly Accounts Payable aging with critical payment updates
- Prepare weekly freight reporting, by project and identify if billable and non-billable to customer
- Assist with Revenue and Cost alignment for projects
- Management of Prepaid Freight and Import Duty Accounts by project
- Assist with EOM close process, including booking journal entries, help with balance sheet
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Business
- Must have 5 years or more years working in accounting for manufacturing
- Must have strong full cycle Accounts Payable experience in manufacturing
- Must have prior experience processing payments (both PO and Non-PO) to vendors with credit card and have experience reconciling credit card activity weekly and monthly
- Strong Excel required (Pivot tables, VLOOKUPS, SUMIFS and other)
- Must be a team player and willing to jump in and help to meet company
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high degree of
- Must be able to thrive in fast paced
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and meet tight
- Must use judgment, be very detail oriented and use
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mostly sedentary position.
- Light to moderate physical effort required.
- Must be able to regularly lift and /or move up to 5-15 pounds.
- Frequently required to stand
- Regularly required to walk
- Repetitive use of hands; simple grasping, controlled grasping and fine manipulation
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.